- In the name of Paulus, may your journeys be swift and without danger.
- In nomine Pauli, tua itinera celeria et sine periculo sint.
- By the power vested in me...
- Potestate tributa est in me...
- In the name of the one true God...
- In nomine unius veri Dei...
- The gates have opened a pathway to the darkness that only the light of the Pancreator can overcome.
- Portae aperuerunt semitam ad tenebras quae solum lux Pancreatoris potest vincere.
- And in humanity's last hour the darkness engulfed all living creatures as evil overcame the land. But know this, his light is strong and shall bring forth a new beginning for all who follow him and hold him in the highest.
- Et (in) hominum ultima hora tenebrae devoraverunt omnia animalia malum vincat terram. At sci (plural is scite) hunc, eius lux est potens et prodet novam inceptionem omnibus qui sequuntur eum et habent eum in altissimis (or excelsis).
- The blasphemous worship of technology is a crime of hubris under the Pancreator's divine guidance and those who stand guilty shall be held accountable for their sins by his watchers.
- Blasphema veneratio officinarum artium est scelus superbiae divino ducente Pancreatoris et isti qui stant sontes facientur reum ob peccata ab eius vigilibus.
- This is a holy place under the protection of the Pancreator. Violators of his will are barred entry. Leave and repent of your sins.
- In the name of the Pancreator, relinquish your weapons and surrender.
- In nomine Pancreatoris, relinque (plural is relinquite) tua tela et dede (plural is dedite).
- May the Pancreator have mercy upon your soul.
- The church does not hold a monopoly on knowledge and it is hubris that clouds your mind into thinking that it does.
- Ecclesia non habet monopolium de scientia et est superbia quae obscurat tuam mentem in cogitantem habet.
- This area is under the control of (X) and trespassing is a crime punishable by death.
- The Inquisition has no jurisdiction here.
- Inquisitio habet nullam jurisdictionem hic.
- The Inquisition has no jurisdiction in such matters.
- Inquisitio habet nullam jurisdictionem in talibus rebus.
1The Latin Vulgate frequently uses the construction of ago + paenitentiam to express the verb repent. Latin does have the verb paeniteo but it is used primarily in the sense of regret. Return to text.
2The Catholic church uses the passive voice (misereatur) in the similar Christian expression. Grammatically, that makes no sense to me so I chose to use the active voice. Misereo takes the genitive. Return to text.
3 To my knowledge, Latin does not possess a verb which encompasses the meaning of the English verb trespass. The The Bantam New College Latin and English Dictionary that I have suggests using the idiom in alienum fundum ingredi (sine domini permissu). Return to text.
Looking for an introductory book to Latin? Take a look at the book that my alma mater used for students Wheelock's Latin.
For inspiration from traditional Catholic prayers, go to
Thesaurus Precum Latinarum.
To see more links that deal with Latin, go here.
If you would like to return to the Fading Suns Latin index page, then click here.
Questions or comments may be sent to Augustine of Hippo
To learn more about the gamemaster please visit his site at http://members.tripod.com/~Tingler/about_me.html